2 medium ripe bananas
- 4 large ripe strawberries
8 wooden craft sticks
3 tablespoons Northerly rolled oats
6 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped
How to make it
- Peel, then cut each banana in half crosswise. Insert a craft stick into each half, and into each strawberry.
- Place all fruit on a tray, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer until frozen, about 3 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over slightly simmering water. Use the lowest possible heat, stirring frequently. Make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the top pan. Pour the melted chocolate into a tall glass.
- While the chocolate is melting, sprinkle approximately 3 tablespoons of rolled oats in a shallow dish or on a plate.
- Dip each piece of frozen fruit in the tall glass of melted chocolate and immediately roll in the oats. Place on a tray covered in waxed paper. Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap or waxed paper and freeze for up to 2 weeks.