- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 TBSP miso paste
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pressed, firm tofu
How to make it
1. Bring broth to a boil over medium heat in a sauce pan.
2. Place miso paste in a small bowl. Once broth has boiled, add 1/4 cup of hot broth to the bowl and whisk until completely blended.
3. Meanwhile, add oats to remaining broth in sauce pan and bring back to boil. Add the miso mix and whisk until smooth. Reduce heat to a low simmer. Stir occasionally until desired consistency is reached. Important: don’t let broth boil once the miso is added!
4. While oats cook, cut the tofu into 1-inch planks. Over medium heat, add 1 tsp of coconut oil into a pan. Cook tofu on all sides until golden. Set aside and sprinkle some salt.
4. Once oats are cooked, add to your serving bowl and top with tofu and vegetables your choice. We personally think stir-fried vegetables like mushrooms and broccoli work best.