1 cup of Northerly Oats
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sunflower, almond, or peanut butter
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pitted dates, from 6 to 8 large dates
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut, for rolling
Prep: 5 min / Cook: 15 min
How to make it
- Place the Northerly oats and nuts in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the oats turn slightly golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Add the nut or sunflower butter, dates, honey, vanilla, and water to the pan and then put it back on the stove. Stir until evenly combined, just enough to heat up the mixture. Scrape the mixture into the bowl with the oats and nuts and stir.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes, until cool enough to roll
- Place the coconut in a shallow bowl. Roll the mixture into tablespoon-size balls, then roll in the coconut to coat.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator, uncovered, to set until cold.
This recipe is courtesy of our friend, Diana, the Arizona Foodie. She has plenty of recipes and inspiration on her page.