Looking for the PB&J experience without all of the added sugar?
This week’s recipe features the natural sweetness of ripe bananas, fresh raspberries, and creamy peanut butter. But say goodbye to the bread. These toppings really shine when layered over nutrient- and fiber-rich oats.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water or oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp. peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or even all three!)
6-10 min | serves 1
How to make it
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add 1/2 cup of oats. Cook, stirring occasionally for approx. 5 minutes, or until oats reach the desired consistency. For creamier oats, substitute water for oat milk.
- While the oats cook, cut the banana into slices and rinse the berries.
- When oats are cooked, add to bowl. Layer in bananas, berries, peanut butter, and any other optional add-ins.
- Coconut shreds
- Slivered almonds
- Cacao nibs
- Brown sugar