Sustainability is about feeding today without starving tomorrow. That means being responsible for land stewards, looking for zero waste packaging solutions, and minimizing our environmental impact. At Northerly, we’ve taken steps to support sustainability in the field, during processing, and finally, in how we get our crops to you.
In the field
- Advanced sensors reduce crop waste to <1%
- Repurposing “green waste”
- Environmentally-friendly packaging
- White Kraft / PLA degradable bags
- Encouraging recycling
- Shorter supply chains to reduce carbon emissions
- Recyclable packaging materials
- Strategic partnerships with like-minded companies
Sustainability is simple.
These days, sustainability is a buzzword used to describe everything from electric scooters and tennis shoes to packaging and bamboo straws. For us, sustainability is simple: it’s taking care of the planet and people.